Monday, July 18, 2011

Ponderings....

'Great are the works of the Lord, they are pondered by all who delight in them. Glorious and majestic are his deeds, and his righteousness endures forever. He has caused his wonders to be remembered, the Lord is gracious and compassionate.'
Psalm 111:2-4


My ponderings of late have been how absolutely amazingly creative is our God. And how if I only open my eyes to see, I see so much. Like the other night, I am lying in bed, watching the moon dance with the clouds. The following morning, I fumble around to turn off the alarm, groan, but as my eyes slowly open, the first sight I see are pristine clouds scudding across a brilliant blue sky. I am instantly awake, awed at my Creator.

During the course of the day, I pray that He would cause His wonders to be remembered, that during the squabbles of children I would see the blessings. Because it is impossible to ponder anything if we haven't taken the time to see.

As I struggle to live a life that ponders the works of the Lord, I find myself needing to be more aware of what is happening in the moments of the day because that is when my life is lived. Moment by moment. Minute by minute. Second by second. And if I cannot remember the works of the Lord then am I taking the time to see and ponder?

Yet, my Lord is gracious and compassionate. He knows my yesterdays, my todays, and my tomorrows. And if He knows, and I forget, then I will ask that He would graciously remind my heart of His works.

As you move throughout your day, loving on your littles and not so littles, may you ponder the works of the Lord. I pray you would find the little things to delight in.

Here are a few of mine:
* moon dance with the clouds
* toad hopping across the driveway
* lightning bugs
* feeling acclimated to the humidity (its only taken me 16 years!)
* french press coffee -yum
* kids running through sprinkler