Friday, December 16, 2011

5 Minute Fridays

Five Minute Fridays: Write for 5 minutes flat, no editing, no back-tracking. Just write for the joy of writing.

Connected. All my life I have longed for connection. And I have received it. And it has been taken away. But through it all, the One who Sees, is the one with whom I stay connected through it all.

If only I would remember. To remember the Babe who became flesh so I could know him. To remember the grace that connects me to the Father when this life spins and twirls me about and I cannot find the center.

It is the daily 'Good Mornings, Lord' and the mid morning, 'what next, Lord?', and the lunch time crazies when He is the strength that gives me courage to keep on marching. It is in those little daily reminders of His presence that I stay connected to the One who gives me life and breath.

And when I am connected to Him, I am connected, fully, in a way that I cannot describe, to my family and friends.

Connected. This Babe, this God who became Flesh, this Christ crucified, the King resurrected....He is the connection of us all.

Merry Christmas!
Jessica

1 comment: