Sunday, December 11, 2011

He is my Trust

I hear it as a whisper in the wind as it rattles the windows and rushes around the corner of the eaves.

I hear it in the clank of dishes being loaded into the dishwasher.

I hear it in the unsticking of a sock on the sticky spot on the floor, that 'ssshhlunk' that only a sock can make as it unsticks.

I hear it in the wonderment of 'it's already 5?'

I hear it whisper in the chaos of the day. The teaching, the loving, the messes.

The message?

'Trust me.'

Trust. It's one I have long struggled to hold onto. It's the key to successful days at home. It's the key when I do disappoint these loves. It's what goes missing when I lash out that the little one is not moving fast enough and the big one is not catching on quick enough. Trust is what's missing when the mess of everyday life overwhelms. The sticky floors. The floors that I can't remember when I last scrubbed them. The moldy shower curtain that needs replacing and I forget, once again, to buy a new one. The cobwebs on the light fixtures and corners of the rooms.

If trust somehow gets lost, life overwhelms.

'What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?' Romans 8:31-32

God is for me. God is for you. How can trust get lost when we keep this Truth tucked in close to our hearts?

This is my challenge this week. To remember not to fret and worry and be overwhelmed, but to trust what he says. He is for me! To lay my days and my agenda at the altar of His love and say--'I trust you'.

Blessings,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment