Friday, March 11, 2011

When Your Foundation is Unsure

'He will be a sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom, and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure,' Isaiah 33:6.

Each day I am in desperate need of these three things--salvation, wisdom, and knowledge. These are the keys to a successful day at home with my little ones. I have long struggled with many fears, fears that can rule my heart and mind, and the result is confusion and frustration. However, this verse brings me such hope. A sure foundation, salvation, wisdom, and knowledge can be mine, but I need the correct 'key'.

We all long for the 'key', the answer, to our everyday problems and I think this verse holds part of the answer. What am I fearing? Who am I fearing? Which fear is behind my motivation--the unhealthy one or the key to the treasure?

Blessings to you and yours,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment