Monday, June 20, 2011

What Worship Can Do

....continued and concluded.......


'As they began to sing and praise, the Lord set ambushes against the men of Ammon and Moab and Mount Seir who were invading Judah and they were defeated,' 2 Chronicles 20:22.

As they were singing and praising, the Lord moved and defeated the enemies. But the men of Judah didn't know it was happening until they came to the place that overlooked the vast army and saw that the enemies were no more.

The power of praise is amazing. But, we often don't see that power until after we have started praising. It's a little backwards....shouldn't we first see the power of God and then praise? But this is where faith comes in, that, at times, an elusive, necessary component to living out our faith. Praise precedes blessings. Faith, then praise.

2 Chronicles 20:25-30 tells how Jehoshaphat and the people plundered the enemies and brought back so many valuable articles. Isn't it also true that after I go through a time of difficulty, I gain so much more? I grow in my walk with Christ, which is so much more priceless than anything else.

What a beautiful circle.

But, again, how does this apply to my life, my position that I am in? How can I practically apply the principle in my daily life? Will that involve recording things I am thankful for? What disciplines will this involve? Because it does take discipline to change a habit or a pattern of thought. And, do I even possess the ability to be this disciplined? But wait, here I am back at the beginning. “I do not know what to do...I am helpless....my eyes are on you.'

How will I keep my eyes on Him?


What impressed me most on this passage of scripture is the power of worship. How worship breaks down strongholds and allows God's mighty power to surge through to victory. How I long for victory every day in my life and how I realize how worship plays such a powerful part in that victory.

I pray you go before the Lord with your hands lifted and your eyes raised with these words in your heart....'I do not know what to do...I am helpless....my eyes are on you' and you respond when he says...'Worship!' and then be amazed at what He does and walk in faith if you see no evidence of the power of worship. Remember, the Israelites didn't know that their enemy was being annihilated while they were worshiping.

Thank-you for journeying with me through 2 Chronicles!

Blessings,

Jess